Pages

Saturday 4 April 2015

D is for... David


Blogging From A to Z is a blog challenge where participants post a new item every day (except Sundays), where every item relates to the appropriate letter of the alphabet.  You can find out more over at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com



D is for David... and quite a lot of other things too.

Story: Three Graces
Rating: PG
Word Count: 219

It was hard to look at Cas in the same way.  The big, brusque man who had been sent to kill him had expressed regret.  Enough years later, he’d taken pity on him.





It was hard to look at Cas in the same way he had once done.  The big, brusque man who had been sent to kill him had expressed regret.  Enough years later, he’d taken pity on him.

Without Ademza Cas, David Deor wouldn’t exist.

But the David Cas had rescued wasn’t the David Cas had expected; David had come back, but he was damaged, dangerous, and many other words beginning with D that Cas clearly didn’t want to consider.

There was another one:  he made Cas’s life difficult.

It wasn’t intentional but he could see what Cas couldn’t.  He was destroyed beyond repair, more totally than any of the machines Mr. Black had brought to him, that he had dragged back to life.  Cas and Meena did the same: they dragged him around, protecting him; hiding him.

It was futile and doomed to failure.

Black might be gone but he remained in David’s mind, in plans and blueprints irrevocably imprinted on his brain.  Inside him he carried the seeds of destruction, whether Black had planned it that way or not.

How could he let the two people he cared about the most ruin themselves in their whole-hearted defence of a killer, even if David’s actions had been under duress?

Safer, better for them all that he simply disappear instead.

3 comments:

  1. An interesting piece. It leaves me with a lot of questions and yet tells me enough to know I want answers to those questions. I want to read more.
    (Sorry I'm late. Catching up on A to Z reading!)

    http://www.tdharveyauthor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about feeling late, I know how you feel. There's so many blogs it's overwhelming!

      Thank you, I'm really glad you enjoyed my story. :)

      Delete
  2. An interesting piece. It leaves me with a lot of questions and yet tells me enough to know I want answers to those questions. I want to read more.
    (Sorry I'm late. Catching up on A to Z reading!)

    http://www.tdharveyauthor.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome!