Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Very Little, and WiPpet Wednesday

Incredibly quiet week this week, still with absolutely no writing but a fair chunk to think about.  I've managed to mislay my notebook with all my notes for The Rose Queen, which is incredibly irritating.  It's in the house somewhere, but quite where that somewhere is is presently a mystery.  I thought I'd found it once, but nope.

You'd never think a notebook with a sodding great rose on the front would be so hard to find.  All my notes have gone on some of the paper between my keyboard and my tablet instead.  One day I might even buy one of those jotter/blotter things instead.

I finished Dangan Ronpa (the murder mystery type game I've been playing) on the PS Vita, which adds to my total of games finished this year and brings it up to a total of 3, as I finished the PC puzzle game The Room as well.  I recommend both vastly, though the PC game is probably a bit more accessible--and a fantastic mental workout.  I had to take time out to think on some puzzles and I've not had to do that in a game for a pretty long time.  The sequel for that's not out yet though, augh...

I've now got Dangan Ronpa 2 to finish (it arrived today!) which I'm looking forwards to, and a shiny (nearly) new book on the history and techniques of mediƦval calligraphy as well as a neat leather-bound notebook to practice in, with filofax-type pages which I ordered at the same time as DR1 and arrived today.

I think I've come to a decision about my writing that makes me happy, so hopefully soon I'll be able to carry on with projects again.  Especially since things I need to work on seem to be growing.

WiPpet Wednesday


WiPpet Wednesday is a blog hop chaired by the very awesome K. L. Schwengel, where the participants share snippets, which coincide with the date in some way, from their works in progress.  You can find other participants and join in yourself here.

Having flicked back in time to before Fayth found the Rose Queen last week, we're now hurtling forwards again to after, and quite why that section was so pertinent.  So... sorry, but that same creepy idiot from last week is about to make a re-occurrence and I've got nothing sweet to offset it with.  

Well... no, that's not quite true; there's a very little something at the end that I wrote at the same time as the delivery guy, but it's a l'il spoilery so if you can't see where the story is going, then avoid that.

As today is the 25th of February, 25+2 is 27, so 27 sentences, as ever, unedited.

“Where the hell are you taking him?”
Maybe not all the crew took to the training so well; Fayth stared at the sneering crewman with what he hoped was an appropriate level of disdain.  “Captain wants to see him.”
The sneer shifted into an unpleasant grin that flashed recognition through Fayth’s brain: the man he’d walked into before.  The one who’d considered consent an optional extra.  “Really?”  Fayth prepared himself to interrupt, to argue, but the man hadn’t finished: “took him long enough.  Thought he’d have wanted to see him a month ago.  Still, maybe he was waiting ’til it was more appropriate to sample the wares, eh?”  And with that, he leered openly at the Rose Queen.
“Who knows?”  Fayth said mildly, wishing he could plant his fist in this moron’s face.  “I didn’t want to ask.”
“Mm,” he agreed.  “Never a good idea.  Hey...”  With that, his voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper, “you think you could let me borrow him for ten minutes?”
“Who, the captain?”  Fayth feigned ignorance.  “I’m pretty sure he’ll be free after I’m done.”  It wasn’t entirely a lie...
“You know what I mean.”  The crewman stared openly at the Rose Queen, licking his lips as his eyes travelled the length of the dark-haired man’s body.  “Okay, five if you think ten’ll hold you up too long.  There’s still plenty we can do in five minutes—”
How Fayth resisted the urge to puke, he had no idea.  “No, really, we can’t wait—”
“—I don’t talk to strangers,” the Rose Queen said, staring pointedly in the opposite direction to the crewman.
Oh RQ.  There's a time for having balls, and that was probably not it.

The teeny-tiny snippet I promised?  Well, I did say it was very little, and very spoilery...  In my mind, this is after the main story, and Fayth has come home late, flopped into bed and irritated his sleeping partner... though there are ways to assuage that, and Fayth is very familiar with them.
Fayth grinned.  “You’re purring.”
“Am not,” RQ huffed
“Are too.”
“...Maybe just a little.”
See?  Tiny.

16 comments:

  1. Love this snippet! Especially because last week's was so difficult. Even running into that sneering crewman again was not pleasant. Cheers to the RQ for replying as he did. Great! Hope you find that rose-covered journal and those notes early this week. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally managed to track down the notebook and I swear I don't remember writing half those notes!

      That crewman is trying inveigle his way into my story and for once I'm actually quite glad of it, because if he does then I can ensure he truly gets what he deserves. *grins*

      Delete
  2. Purring... love it! I like how he's so quick to deny it at first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deny everything! ...Which doesn't really work when it's far too obvious to your partner, of course. *grins*

      Delete
  3. Fayth shouldn't have resisted the urge to puke. He should have puked all over that guy. Right in his face. *Blaaah* "My bad. Must've ate something rotten..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! I love that mental image! He definitely deserves it... haha!

      Delete
  4. Hahaha I love how much is said in four short lines. <3 And I'm not sure whether I admire Fayth's restraint or am simply frustrated by it. *ahem* Kudos to RQ, though.

    I second the puking suggestion. Not exactly sexy, but an effective way to kill an unwanted desire. To put it delicately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In his defense he IS quite sleepy, but I'm sure he has many, many ways he can make it up to RQ... ;)

      The crewman is trying to sneak his way into the story. He's being more surreptitious about it than Corliss was, but I don't mind so much because if he does, then I can *really* give him what for in the most ignominious way I can come up with. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh, that is sexy!! Nice and simple. So much said it a short bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a weird little thing to appear in my head out of nowhere, but I wasn't going to say no to it when RQ seemed quite so happy... :)

      Delete
  6. Loved, loved, loved. Though, I really wished that crewman got punched. Promise me he gets a nasty bit done to him eventually? Please?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he's trying to sneak his way into the story without my noticing (he failed on the latter half), so I'm going to do my best to find some way of making sure both Fayth and RQ ensure he gets his just desserts!

      Delete
  7. I love both the little snippets! I'm also very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to say "all will become clear", but unfortunately I think I'm still in the dark about half of this as well...!

      Delete
  8. So my favorite part was your comment, "There's a time for having balls, and that was probably not it." LMAO Yes, RQ definitely should have just kept it shut right there but... well... stuff happens. And I'm on the list of those who would like to see 'stuff' happen to that crew member. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, all the 'stuff' and bad wishes flowing that crewman's way are definitely working their way into the story. I'm definitely going to have to rework some things so I can deal with him properly later.

      Delete

Comments always welcome!