Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

A Challenge, And A Story - Cat's Paw

I've fallen out of the habit of writing recently, which means I've got a whole lot of no progress whatsoever going on.  So I've challenged myself to write a piece of flash fiction every day for a week, inspired by the Dictionary.com Word Of The Day.  This is basically the significantly less breakdown-inducing version of the original Pax's Ridiculous Writing Challenge.

Which should be interesting, if only for me.

Today it's from Unravel, a series of stories about Milos, a dokkalfa experimental bioweapon working for a shady semi-governmental body.  (You can find out more by visiting the "Unravel" tab up top there.)

Rating: G
Story: Radial: Unravel
Word Count: 100
Summary: A short exchange in the elevator does nothing for Milos and Marrok's relationship.

Lifts were awful enough, Milos decided, when they held just him. To be crammed into one with Marrok was plain torture, and his former boss clearly agreed. 





Lifts were awful enough, Milos decided, when they held just him. To be crammed into one with Marrok was plain torture, and his former boss clearly agreed. He sidled closer to Milos wearing an unpleasant smirk. “You’re just a toy, you know. A tool.”

“I know.” He thought he’d be upset?

“Jaska’ll tire of you soon enough.”

This was supposed to be news? “I know.”

“Research still have your paperwork.”

Milos swallowed. “So you’re their tool to get me, just like I am Alex’s, aren’t you?”

Marrok’s ensuing scowling silence felt less like the victory he’d wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!