Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

National Stationery Week, Day 7

Dear readers,

No, you've not accidentally missed out a day.  I was in Nottingham with my friends / local National Novel Writing Month writers yesterday, so there's no #NSW14 Day 6 post for yesterday.  But don't worry, you're not missing anything: it was Get Organised Day, so you'd only have seen another photo of my (still tidy) desk, with the words "this is as organised as I'll ever get".

Well, not quite.  I have a To-Do list and Daily Chores on HabitRPG, and that is probably as organised as I'll ever get.

Today (Day 7) is Write A Letter Day, and it's not something I do very often.

Actually, I can't remember the last time I wrote one (I don't think birthday cards count).

So you, lovely readers, are getting a letter.  They're not much different to blog posts, are they?  (Or, at least, not in my case.  Sorry about that.)

Although, if anyone would like an actual letter from me, handwritten (probably in a weird colour, possibly with sparkles) on actual paper, sent through the post with a stamp and everything, please drop me a DM on Twitter and I'd be more than happy to send one, complete with terrible handwriting and... hell, if you want, I'd even write flash fiction for you.  All addresses would be confidential and would only be used to write to you all of once etc. etc., blah blah, seriously I spend my day job swatting spam, I've got no interest in adding to it.  Especially not through the post.  Junk mail is a pain in the arse.  I'm also not a burglar, won't sell your details, really won't stalk you (too much effort and it'd mean leaving the house) and so on.

There's not really much else to say, is there?  I was very restrained yesterday, I didn't buy any more notebooks.  I did buy two Andrzej Sapkowski novels though, and a worrying amount of comics, and the gift of the entire Game of Thrones novel series from a friend.

And DVDs.  Lots of DVDs.  Turns out Hansel And Gretel, Witch Hunters is a pretty terrible film that's funny for all the wrong reasons, but The Lone Ranger is actually a pretty funny and very enjoyable movie.  Even if Armie Hammer is three years younger than me.

I feel old.

Now I'd say it's probably a good time to sign off, so have fun and take care of yourselves.  This returns you to the usual (sensible) blogging schedule for the foreseeable future.

Best regards and all that,

Pax

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!