Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Taking The Plunge

I finally did it today.

Nope, not writing (bad of me; I realised with horror that today is the 19th and I don't know where the month has gone) but, instead, registering a domain name.

Yep, today I am the proud owner of www.paxasteriae.co.uk.

It's not much to be joyful over, I know, but that didn't stop me from squealing enthusiastically when I dealt with the DNS settings and finally pointed it to this page--especially when it worked immediately and I didn't need to wait the recommended hour or, worse, a potential 48 of them (according to my domain name provider).

Somehow having an actual domain name makes me feel legitimate--no idea why, I'm anything but--and it's a weird, giddy feeling.  Not just dipping a toe into the water of this name, I've finally just thrown myself in.

And I didn't even have to wait an hour before swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!