Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

I Appear To Be Doing Camp NaNoWriMo

This has kinda come as a surprise to me.  I saw a post by my friend and co-ML Anika Daniels on Tumblr last night about Camp NaNoWriMo--something I've strenuously avoided doing officially as we as a writing group don't treat it like NaNo proper and I am atrocious with deadlines--and idly posted about whether to do it.

Two responses to the affirmative later (hey, I never said I was popular!) and I'm being swayed.  I really should work on how easily influenced I am.

Normally on the lead-in to a NaNo project I'm scrabbling around like a lunatic, trying to scrape together enough inspiration to keep me going over the month.  More than once I've relied on dreams to give me a last minute plot (neither of which actually made it into the prose).  This time, however...

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm at a loss.  I'm normally struggling for ideas, now they're trying to drown me under a mountain of plot-bunnies.  (They look remarkably like shed dog-hair.)

I have, in no particular order:

  1. Prince Til and his dragon/lover, who're still tapping their feet and waiting for me to supply them with an adequate adventure;
  2. An unnamed princess and her dragon/lover who turned up and promptly insisted she wasn't going to sit around in her tower for a husband, oh no--she was going to be a knight;
  3. A completely out-of-nowhere steampunk AU for Milos and Alex--because one AU is never enough, apparently;
  4. Continuing my high fantasy AU from the Ridiculous Challenge (but I usually prefer to start a new project, which is probably why I have so many unfinished ones);
  5. Leaping forward nine years in the high fantasy AU and having Alex rescue Milos from his new life;
  6. Finally picking up with the real-world stories and starting the new arc that came threatening;
  7. Or finally finishing one of the two former arcs that are sitting around waiting to be worked on...
Whatever I do, it'll involve plotting, which comes as a shock.  And I have around a week to decide on story and intended word count and work on it.

Still, I'm anticipating having plenty of time to work on it so with any luck (okay, a lot of luck) and some planning it won't be as disastrous as it currently feels like it might be...

ADDENDUM:  Do any of these look interesting?  I'm more than happy to take suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!